5 Best Free VPNs for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand [Tested and Updated 2023]
Even the most seasoned Internet users can become perplexed while looking for the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer, regardless of whether they are British tourists or merely looking to view their preferred content in New Zealand, as they can not watch BBC iPlayer abroad free without VPN. Lacking Time? The top free VPNs for BBC iPlayer are listed below.
What is the best free VPN that unblocks BBC iPlayer? The best VPN for BBC iPlayer is ExpressVPN which can assist in getting over geo-restrictions because the streaming service isn’t available to users in New Zealand. Since a VPN is required to access BBC iPlayer in New Zealand for free, we checked out several VPNs to identify the Best FREE VPNs for BBC iPlayer in 2023.
A free VPN in NZ is crucial for unblocking BBC iPlayer due to regional restrictions, offering users the ability to virtually relocate their IP address and access geo-restricted content securely. Beyond unblocking channels, a reliable free VPN ensures the safety and security of users’ private data, enhancing overall online privacy. Opt for a recommended free VPN NZ to not only unlock BBC iPlayer but also safeguard your private information during your online activities.
Even if these are the best free VPNs for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand, only premium VPNs, like ExpressVPN, can deliver a service like its seamless connectivity. To access BBC iPlayer NZ to watch Peaky Blinders, East Enders, or Orphan Black, you must use a VPN. To assist you in choosing the best Free VPN for BBC iPlayer, we have written this article.
Lacking Time? The Top Free VPNs for BBC iPlayer Are Listed Below
- ExpressVPN: one of the Best Free VPN for BBC iPlayer in 2023, offering super-fast viewing speeds. For a flawless connection, there are more than 3,000 servers spread over 94 nations.
- CyberGhost: The Most Trustworthy Free VPN for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand. With 7400+ servers in 91 countries, enjoy ultimate internet privacy.
- TunnelBear: Trustworthy Free VPN for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand, including servers in key nations for smooth watching. 3000 servers in 48 nations.
- Windscribe: Quick VPN for BBC iPlayer New Zealand that is 100% safe and offers free access to 10 server locations.
- Hotspot Shield: 500 MB of free daily data, 64 server locations, 1800 servers, secure VPN to watch BBC iPlayer free in New Zealand.
How to use a VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer in New Zealand? [3 Steps Guide]
Do you want to view a certain program but are unsure of how do I use BBC iPlayer with VPN? To make it easier for you to use the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer, we have condensed the process into three simple steps.
- Download and sign up for a reliable, secure VPN like ExpressVPN, which provides fast connections.
- Make a connection to a UK server (Recommended server: Docklands).
- Log in to the BBC iPlayer website.
Remember that BBC iPlayer is a free-of-cost streaming service. If you do not yet have an account, we advise signing up for BBC iPlayer free trial. In case your BBC iPlayer is not working, you can reach out to their customer support team. If the problem persists, you can delete BBC iPlayer account.
What are the Best Free VPNs for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand? [Full Analysis]
We know that we frequently look for and inquire about which free VPNs work with BBC iPlayer? For this reason, we tested the top free VPNs available and filtered the field down to the top five. Here are our picks for the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer.
- ExpressVPN: The fastest and safest VPN on the market
- CyberGhost: Internet security is provided in full and offers a great price
- TunnelBear: BBC iPlayer free streaming without the fuss
- Windscribe: Access safe server locations for free
- Hotspot Shield: Easily unblock BBC iPlayer free
1. ExpressVPN: The Best Free VPN for BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN offers quick and flawless connections for a seamless streaming experience, making it the best VPN for BBC iPlayer. With a 100 Mbps connection, we measured ExpressVPN’s streaming speed and discovered that we received download rates of 92.26 Mbps.
ExpressVPN has a vast network of connections and offers over 3000 servers in more than 94 nations. You can connect to five servers in the UK: East London, London, Dockland, Wembley, and the Midlands for a seamless connection. We advise choosing the East London and Dockland server locations for a fast connection.
You can quickly unblock BBC iPlayer on your iPhone with ExpressVPN. The MediaStreamer feature that ExpressVPN provides is the only reason for this flawless connectivity to streaming devices.
A premium tool provided by ExpressVPN is called MediaStreamer, which uses the Smart DNS technology to convert devices that are incompatible with VPNs into VPN-compatible devices. This explains why ExpressVPN works with the majority of devices.
ExpressVPN is the ideal VPN to secure and safeguard your online interactions and browse on all your devices without any difficulties because it allows you to secure and connect five devices on a single account.
Although ExpressVPN BBC iPlayer is unrivalled, you can also use ExpressVPN to access other streaming services. With ExpressVPN, you may access various streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Paramount Plus, and others. BBC iPlayer can also be accessed on devices such as Roku, PS4/PS5, and Chromecast.
ExpressVPN provides users with a full no-logs and encryption policy that ensures that all users’ interactions and none of their activities are recorded to prevent BBC iPlayer hacks.
For only NZD 10.78 (US$ 6.67) per month (Save 49%, get 3 extra months for free with a 12-month plan), you can subscribe to ExpressVPN on a monthly basis and enjoy superb service.
However, you can first join up for a free trial before committing to the full plan. ExpressVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer assistance.
Before starting an ExpressVPN free Trial, consider the following pros and cons:
- For HD streaming, the UK servers are excellent.
- Able to effortlessly unblock the majority of streaming devices.
- Uses a premium encryption feature to safeguard your online privacy.
- Any questions can be answered by the live chat support team anytime.
- The list’s sole premium VPN.
- Not the most affordable choice on the list.
- Different premium VPNs have fewer server locations. Even so, ExpressVPN offers a quicker connection.
2. CyberGhost: Most Reliable Free VPN for BBC iPlayer
Because of its comprehensive no-log policy and high-quality encryption setup, CyberGhost VPN is the most secure free VPN on the list. This is why it is called Ghost. Users and their activities are kept anonymous thanks to the VPN’s regulations.
In order to preserve your online security, it is essential to highlight CyberGhost’s kill switch and split tunnelling functions, which route and re-route your connection and disconnect your connection, respectively, in the event of a threat. No spy servers, which are another feature exclusive to CyberGhost, are a further benefit worth mentioning.
Most importantly for those trying to obtain BBC iPlayer on Firestick in New Zealand, CyberGhost offers three Server locations that may be utilized to access BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world. CyberGhost gives its users access to 7700+ in over 90+ different countries.
CyberGhost easily unblocked BBC iPlayer. It is a good free VPN to protect all of your devices simultaneously because it can stream on up to seven devices. With CyberGhost, you can access BBC iPlayer on PS5, Android, iOS, Chromecast, Kodi, Xbox, and smart TVs.
With CyberGhost, you may access libraries from across the world, including those in the US, Canada, Asia, etc., on streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Paramount Plus, in addition to the BBC iPlayer.
The service has the drawback of not supporting Smart DNS, which prevents it from working with devices that don’t maintain a VPN connection. Even though this is a problem, CyberGhost nevertheless allows you to connect to multiple devices.
The CyberGhost free trial only lasts for 24 hours. Therefore we advise you to take advantage of the VPN’s 45-day money-back guarantee and sign up for one of its monthly plans, which start at NZD 3.6/mo (US$ 2.23/mo) (3 Years + 4 Months), so you can cancel it whenever you like and get a refund.
Using a 100Mbps connection with CyberGhost, during our speed testing, we recorded download speeds of 75.12 Mbps and upload speeds of 39.48 Mbps.
A standout feature of CyberGhost is the 45-day money-back guarantee, which enables customers to test the service without risk and receive a prompt refund if they are dissatisfied.
- When tested from several places, there was no trouble getting into BBC iPlayer.
- Operates internationally with 9030 servers in more than 91 nations.
- A cost-effective choice with an intuitive User interface.
- Accelerated connections.
- Fails to function consistently in China or the UAE.
- Is not customizable for expert users.
3. TunnelBear: Trustworthy Free VPN for BBC iPlayer
Those looking for the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer have yet another excellent choice. Due to the use of a free VPN, Tunnelbear enables you to access BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the globe without having to worry about being restricted or tracked by the streaming service.
Both novice and seasoned VPN users can utilize the application because of how user-friendly it is. With just one tap on the screen, you can establish a connection to the server of your choice.
The connection function of the application demonstrates how user-friendly it is by making it simple to select any of the animated map’s depictions of tunnel bears. Moreover, the VPN provides up to 500 MB of free connection usage and 23 server locations.
You can only use the VPN to stream video from BBC iPlayer for 30 to 40 minutes due to its low data allowance and 500 MB limit. This speed is comparatively slower for people who use VPNs to binge-watch programs. Since most BBC iPlayer programs have running times between 30 and 60 minutes, this low cap can potentially ruin a streaming experience.
Most devices, including Android tablets, TVs, and mobile phones, as well as iOS, Chromecast, Firestick, and the majority of browsers, including Firefox and Google Chrome, are compatible with TunnelBear.
You may still stream UHD on BBC iPlayer with TunnelBear, despite the fact that its streaming speeds are slower than ExpressVPN’s. On a UK server, we were able to obtain download speeds of about 45.16 Mbps and a connection drop-down rate of about 40%, which, while low, has no effect on the stream’s quality.
Together with its extensive server network, TunnelBear also offers safety and security tools like GhostBear, 256-bit encryption, and other measures that shield your browsing history and online identity. Preserving your security from potential hackers and outside businesses who might steal your info.
- Easily and immediately unblock BBC iPlayer.
- A user-friendly program with a simple user interface.
- 49 server locations with many servers worldwide.
- You can obtain an extra 1GB of data by using Twitter to tweet about the service.
- 500 GB for only one month.
- Bot enough servers.
- Decreased connection rates and slower speed.
- Lags in streaming and time restrictions for streaming.
4. Windscribe: Fast VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer
With its simple user interface and 100 GB of free data that can be used to stream BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world, Windscribe is one of the easiest VPNs to use. This data may not be sufficient for a UHD binge, but you can utilize it to stream up to six standard-definition movies, making it an excellent VPN for a regular binge.
If you tweet Windscribe on Twitter, you will receive an extra 5GB. The VPN has 10 server locations throughout the globe, including 2 in the UK. It occasionally provides a hit-or-miss connection when customers may experience quick connectivity at one place but connection problems at another.
While connectivity can be spotty in some places, the VPN provided a smooth connection in the UK with no lags or delays, making it a strong candidate for the title of best free VPN for BBC iPlayer.
You can use Windscribe to access different libraries from other streaming services, such as using Netflix, from anywhere in the world since the Japan library has access to more Japanese shows that aren’t available on other libraries. This is in addition to allowing you to access BBC iPlayer in New Zealand.
With download and upload rates of 48.01 Mbps and 42.35 Mbps, respectively, on a 100 Mbps connection, Windscribe passed the speed test as well as the streaming test. Due to the bandwidth cap, this makes it a decent VPN to watch a video in UHD. However, we advise utilizing the VPN to stream in standard definition.
Customer care staff, Windscribe also employs some of the best customer service representatives. These representatives are accessible by chat or email around the clock, so you can easily receive answers to your questions from wherever.
- Contender for best free VPN for BBC iPlayer.
- Free access to BBC iPlayer without any additional costs or buried membership fees.
- Provides two UK server locations.
- For unblocking BBC iPlayer and other streaming services, a download speed of 57.7 Mbps is provided.
- 5 GB more data are available while tweeting about Windscribe.
- Poor response times from its distant servers.
- Lack of robust security encryption.
5. Hotspot Shield: Secure Free VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer
Although Hotspot Shield isn’t really a free VPN, it does include a 7-day free trial, which may be used to evaluate the service and determine whether it can be used to unblock BBC iPlayer in New Zealand so that you can stream the episodes and movies you want to see.
Although Hotspot Shield has a completely free version, BBC iPlayer is incompatible with it, and the trackers for BBC iPlayer may simply access it. Our BBC iPlayer account was blocked for VPN use when tried on the free version.
When you connect with Hotspot Shield, you may quickly access BBC iPlayer on most streaming devices. Most Mac and Android devices, as well as most browsers, can utilize the VPN service.
The fact that Hotspot Shield only offers a free trial and may not always have a free version that works with BBC iPlayer is a major downside. So, to use the service, you must sign up for a free trial and submit your payment information, which is an additional bother that goes away when you use a high-end VPN like ExpressVPN.
Try the service out today, but remember to cancel before the seven-day trial to enjoy it free of charge and avoid being charged fully. In addition, it can be seen from the web evaluations that the VPN service’s customer assistance is subpar and that customers have had problems with the way the personnel handled their cases.
When we tested Hotspot Shield’s connection speed, we discovered that, even though it was significantly slower than the other VPNs on this list, 38.07 Mbps download rates were still more than enough to view BBC iPlayer content in HD.
The software has exploited users’ data in the past and has incorporated third-party vendors that have used the user’s data for advertising reasons on the app itself. Users of the VPN have frequently expressed their concerns about data leaks and internet tracking by the app.
- One of the most widely used VPNs, with 650 million users.
- Provides 5 concurrent connections on a single account.
- The premium edition of the app offers the highest levels of security and privacy. Please be aware that this could not be the case with the free version.
- One of the fastest VPNs available.
- Has a protocol that is open source, and as a result, it is not transparent.
- Not available for download on routers
- Lacks a Smart DNS feature, limiting the number of devices it may be used with.
- One of the costliest VPNs available. It has costs that are more in line with high-end VPNs, making it on the pricey side.
What Free VPNs don’t work with BBC iPlayer?
Even the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer can sometimes sort your access for BBC iPlayer while you’re trying to view your favorite episodes. Strong tracking tools that are easily able to track users’ IP addresses are installed by BBC iPlayer on its platform, and users who are discovered utilizing a VPN are blocked.
Here are a few of the worst free VPNs that can easily get tracked and provide the worst service with BBC iPlayer. Free VPNs are more prone to being monitored and blacklisted by BBC iPlayer.
- Proton VPN: though this VPN provides outstanding connectivity and service, it can only connect to servers in the US, Japan, and the Netherlands. Therefore, you can not watch BBC iPlayer using this VPN as BBC iPlayer is available in the United Kingdom.
- Hola VPN: If you wish to protect the privacy of your data, Hola VPN is among the worst free VPNs available. This VPN is more prone to being traced and has security weaknesses. Users of this VPN become targets advertisers because it also shares user data with third-party apps.
- Hide.me: BBC iPlayer is from the United Kingdom and cannot be accessed with this VPN because it only provides servers in the US, the Netherlands, Germany, and Canada.
- Hoxx VPN: This VPN uses a poor encryption method in addition to the outdated Open VPN protocol. As a result, the VPN is more vulnerable to hackers and is simple to track. It is wise to avoid this VPN because it also logs your online behavior.
- Hotspot Shield: This VPN is the worst VPN for streaming since it can result in lags and buffers between the broadcasts because it affects internet speed by 30–50% while in use.
How to Pick One: The Best Free VPNs for BBC iPlayer
There are a few crucial features and factors that must be taken into account while choosing the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand. Here are a few important factors we take into account while choosing the best VPN for us:
- Access to BBC iPlayer: Since accessing BBC iPlayer is what we’re after. Hence, the first thing to think about is if the free VPN allows you to connect to BBC iPlayer effortlessly and seamlessly or if it is simple to monitor.
- Compatibility with devices: When deciding what is the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer, VPNs like ExpressVPN that work with the majority of devices are the ideal choice. Compatibility is an important factor to take into account because not all of us can use the same devices.
- Speed: One of the most important things to take into account when browsing BBC iPlayer is speed and connectivity. Given that the service is a streaming one and that streams need a fast connection, a free VPN that provides decent speeds is a suitable choice.
- Is it really free?: While some free VPNs advertise that they are free to use, they actually have some hidden terms that force you to pay for a subscription to access faster connections and more connections. So, it is crucial to confirm in advance that the VPN is free of cost.
- Customer Support: A strong customer care team can assist you in resolving your problems and providing answers to all of your questions because free VPNs do have certain drawbacks and may cause you to have BBC iPlayer issues when using a VPN. To prevent making the incorrect choice, you must keep it in mind and do your research in advance.
- Data Security: Is this free VPN safe to use for your data? When choosing to download a free VPN, you ought to be asking yourself this question. It is preferable to avoid a free VPN if the response is “no” and it does not have a no-log policy.
- Privacy: Can someone trace what I do online? It is important to remember that utilizing a free VPN that threatens your online privacy is a major warning sign, and you should avoid using that VPN.
What are the Risks of using Free VPNs for BBC iPlayer?
Due to its low cost, using a free VPN to stream BBC iPlayer sounds like a decent option. But, there are a few problems you can have when utilizing a free VPN that could jeopardize your online security and privacy as well as your ability to stream.
Several free VPNs have security flaws and are not particularly effective at getting over the geo-restrictions that BBC iPlayer imposes on its content. Also, they are quite likely to become overloaded due to the lack of servers. Your connection may lag as a result of this overloading, and occasionally it may even become unplugged.
Several free VPNs have fewer servers, making them more likely to be detected and quickly stopped by streaming services like BBC iPlayer if the connection is discovered to be outside of the permitted region. Your account may be barred from the platform as a result of this connection restriction.
Your internet data being stolen or sold to unreliable third parties who may use it to target you with advertisements is another concern frequently connected to free VPN services. Free VPNs occasionally collect and sell logs of its users’ internet activity. The lack of privacy these VPNs give their users in this situation is another argument that may be made.
Some free VPNs also contain spyware and viruses, which can damage your devices’ files and occasionally even make them malfunction. Free VPNs additionally provide their users with a restricted amount of data, which can reduce the connection’s performance.
Given these dangers, it is reasonable to believe that using a free VPN should be cautiously approached. We advise you to spend money on a high-end VPN service like ExpressVPN that not only shields your online privacy but also gives you access to BBC iPlayer in New Zealand and safeguards your devices from infection.
FAQs – Best Free BBC iPlayer VPN
Can iPlayer detect VPN?
We advise utilizing a high-end VPN like ExpressVPN to connect to BBC iPlayer if you don’t want your account to be blacklisted and want to keep streaming. Also, we advise you to set the location of your device to match the location of the server you are connected to through a VPN.
Does BBC iPlayer track your IP address?
BBC iPlayer also tracks your IP address and some of your online browsing histories to determine what you would enjoy and, based on that, provide recommendations. Although this tracking may benefit users in the United Kingdom, if you use a VPN, you risk being monitored and perhaps banned from the network.
Can I watch BBC iPlayer offline?
It’s crucial to remember that the download function is exclusive to the BBC iPlayer App. You will need to utilize a trustworthy and quick VPN service like ExpressVPN since the app is only accessible to UK customers to download to your device so that you can use your device to watch and enjoy all the episodes and movies you desire.
With our recommendations for the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand, you can start streaming BBC iPlayer right away. To prevent viewers from accessing their content from other networks, BBC iPlayer employs strict geo-blocks and IP trackers. Because using a free VPN makes it more difficult to get over these geo-blocks, we suggest switching to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
We thoroughly analyzed some of the top free VPNs available and discovered the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer, even though free VPNs can be tracked. ExpressVPN, which provides blazing-fast connections and speeds and is the finest almost-free VPN on the market, is our pick for the best free VPN for BBC iPlayer in New Zealand.