How to Cancel Amazon Prime video subscription
There are many streaming services out there, all competing for subscribers. If you feel like switching to another streaming service to watch different content, then you’ll find this article useful. We’ll show you how to cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription.
According to our Amazon Prime video review, it is a subscription-based online streaming service that airs various shows and movies. Every content on the platform is available for both rent and purchase. Once you pay your subscription, you’ll find various types of content, including Amazon originals.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video Subscription
Amazon Prime Video doesn’t make it difficult to cancel their subscription. You can follow the steps above to find the End Membership option or locate the link on the Support Page. You can also catch out on the Amazon Prime costs in New Zealand before canceling the subscription.
Again, you must click three times to confirm that you want to end your subscription to Amazon Prime Video. Also, the streaming service will attempt to move you to one of the several options. For example, if you choose the Remind Me Later option, Amazon will remind you three days before your subscription ends.
Keep My Membership halts the account cancelling process, while “Pause” keeps your account until the next subscription date. Amazon will not bill you after that date, and it will pause your account. Likewise, cancelling Your Prime Membership ends your account, and you’ll not be charged again.
Ways to Cancel Amazon Prime Video Subscription
You can cancel the service any time before your Amazon Prime Video subscription comes to an end. The options for cancelling the subscription include email, phone, website, or the DoNotPay option.
Learn more about cancelation of Acorn TV in NZ.
Cancel Your Subscription Online
Follow these steps to cancel your Membership through the website:
- First, log in to your Amazon Prime Video account with your username and password.
- Locate the Manage Your Prime Video Channels page.
- You’ll see all your subscriptions under Prime Video Channels. So, find the one you want to cancel and click on it.
- Confirm cancellation once you’re prompted to do so.
Also, check out how to cancel Britbox in New Zealand.
Canceling your Amazon Prime Video Account Only
Here are the steps you need to follow to cancel your Prime Video-Only Account:
- First, sign in to Prime Video with your credentials.
- Then click the Watch on Amazon option located in the middle of the page.
- Log in to Amazon Prime with your username and password.
- Head over to the page to manage your chosen Prime Video channels.
- After the page loads, choose Edit in the box marked Prime.
- Next, choose the subscription you want to cancel under the Prime Video channels.
- Once you cancel the subscription, click update your settings in the Manage Membership box.
- Another pop-up list will appear where you can click End Membership to complete the cancellation process.
Cancel Your Subscription Over Email
Cancelling your Amazon Prime Video subscription through email is a straightforward procedure. Begin by sending an email to Amazon’s accounts department at email@example.com. In your email, request the support team to proceed with canceling your account. Rest assured, Amazon will promptly get in touch with you once the necessary steps are completed. This is particularly useful to know, especially if you encounter any difficulties like Amazon Prime not working and decide to take this route.
Cancel Your Subscription Over the Phone
If you don’t have the time or you’re finding it hard to cancel your Prime Video account online, doing so over the phone is still an option. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Call the Amazon Support Team number 1-888-2804-331.
- Talk to one of the agents and ask them to cancel your Prime Video account.
- You’ll be asked to provide additional details about your account.
- Follow the instructions you get from the support team member.
- Request for a written confirmation.
If you have any issues canceling your account via a call, get DoNotPay to help you with customer support.
Learn more about the Cancelation of Paramount Plus in New Zealand.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video on Android
Want to know how to cancel Amazon Prime on the app, specifically Android? These are the steps you must follow:
- Fire up your Amazon app on your Android device.
- Head over to the settings page.
- Select your account, which should be visible once you click settings.
- Scroll through the options to the bottom of the settings page and tap on Memberships and Subscriptions.
- Pick Prime Video Channels, and you’ll see a list of all your subscriptions. You’ll need to follow the same process for those wondering how to cancel Starz on Amazon Prime or any other channel.
- Tap on Cancel Channel next to the ones you need to cancel.
- A confirmation will pop up requesting you to cancel the selected channels.
What Are The best alternatives to Amazon Prime Video?
If you don’t want to pay for Amazon Prime Video, there are many alternative streaming services. US Netflix in New Zealand is one of the best options and is available for as low as $8.99. Disney Plus NZ is another great alternative to Prime Video with great shows like The Mandalorian and is available for $6.99 per month.
You can also choose Hulu in New Zealand, which has a great list of shows and movies and is available for $5.99 a month.
Can I cancel my prime video membership anytime?
You can cancel your Amazon Prime Video membership anytime, even days before the next subscription.
Why is it so difficult to cancel Amazon Prime?
The process of cancelling Amazon Prime seems difficult for many because the streaming service doesn’t want to lose subscribers. However, use this guide to cancel Amazon Prime Video membership at any time.
How do I cancel my free trial of Amazon Prime 2022?
Wondering how to cancel Amazon Prime free trial? Pick one of the options documented in this guide, i.e., via email, phone call, app, or website, and you will end your Membership.
Amazon Prime is one of the streaming channels with great shows like Hanna, Reacher, Star Trek: Picard, Homecoming and other popular shows on Prime Video. It also lets you stream top movies in New Zealand. However, you can cancel your Amazon Prime Video subscription at any time using the steps detailed in this article. The same process applies when you want to cancel Amazon Prime NZ or any other country.