How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription – The Step-by-Step Guide!
This guide has all the information you need if you don’t like the content or you want to cancel midway through the billing cycle. Here’s how to cancel the HBO Max subscription.
HBO Max has two subscription plans: the no ads plan and the ads-supported plan available for $15.99 and $9.99. These rates are super affordable, but if you feel like it’s time to cancel Max Subscription, this guide has a few ways to do it.
The streaming service has some of the best content in the industry. For example, HBO Max is the only place to watch Warner Bros. movies 45 days after a theatrical release. Besides, HBO Max and Discovery Plus have merged and rebranded to Max, combining their content libraries to offer subscribers an incredible variety of shows and movies.
You can also watch content from DC, Cartoon Network, Star Wars, etc. HBO Max also has a great collection of shows, including original series on its platform.
HBO Max offers a 7-day trial period if you sign up through Hulu, which you can cancel before it ends to avoid paying the subscription. Here is how you can get HBO Max free trial.
TLDR: How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription
You can stream HBO Max on various devices, including a mobile device, Roku, and a computer. However, the easiest method to cancel an HBO Max subscription is via a browser on a computer, and here’s how:
- Head to the official HBO Max website and sign in to your account.
- Choose your profile (pick the main profile if you have created additional profiles).
- Once on the profile page, click on the profile icon located in the upper right corner.
- Go through the options and select subscription.
- Click manage subscription and choose cancel subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription in New Zealand?
The easiest way to watch HBO Max in NZ is – by using any of the best VPN NZ. In this way, you can get around the geo-restrictions and access Max and other streaming platforms like Hulu in NZ. Also, you can cancel the HBO Max subscription from the account setting in the main profile using the steps above.
However, the process is different if you signed up to HBO Max on the Sky Network. The Sky Network is a third-party service, and you have to navigate to their website when you click “cancel subscription” on the last step.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription with HBO Max App?
HBO Max makes it easy for subscribers to cancel whether you’re using an Android device, iPhone, or iPad. The following is how to cancel an HBO Max subscription via the HBO Max app:
- Launch your HBO Max app and tap on the profile icon.
- Choose the settings option on the upper left-hand corner of the profile menu.
- Tap on the “Billing Information” near the top of the list.
- Select subscription and then manage subscription at the bottom of the page.
- The app will either direct you to your account via a browser where you can cancel your subscription or present the option.
Can We Cancel HBO Max subscription Directly from the Website?
Yes, you can cancel your HBO Max subscription directly from the website. The process is easy as follows:
- Launch a browser on your computer and sign in to your HBO Max account.
- Click Profile on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose Subscription and then select Manage Subscription.
- Select Cancel Subscription on the next window.
- Confirm that you want to end your subscription by selecting Yes, Cancel Subscription.
It’s important to note that you can continue using HBO Max until the end of your billing cycle. You can also check out the process of canceling the Acorn TV subscription in NZ.
What Are the Steps to Cancel HBO Max Subscription via the app?
HBO Max subscription can be canceled via the app. The steps that follow depend on how you signed up for your HBO Max account.
If you’re canceling HBO Max using the app, tap “Profile” in the lower right corner of the screen. Then tap the settings icon on the upper left and choose “Billing Information.” Next, you’ll see the option to cancel the HBO Max subscription with a mobile device.
You can also cancel your HBO Max subscription through the HBO Max website. Log in to your account using a browser, select Profile on the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click Subscription, Manage Subscription, then Cancel Subscription.
Other Methods to cancel HBO Max Subscription
There are other methods to follow when canceling an HBO subscription, but it depends on the streaming device. Here’s how to cancel HBO Max using various streaming devices. Also, check HBO Max cost in New Zealand.
Cancel HBO Max Through Samsung
If you created your HBO Max account on a Samsung TV, your subscription was billed via Samsung. Here’s how to cancel Max subscription through Samsung TV.
- Navigate to samsungcheckout.com and log in to your Samsung account.
- Choose “Subscriptions” from the “Purchase History” menu.
- Locate your HBO Max subscription and select “Unsubscribe.”
- After successfully canceling your HBO Max subscription, Samsung will send an email confirming the cancellation.
Cancel HBO Max Subscription from Amazon Prime
Navigate to your Amazon Appstore subscriptions from a web browser on a computer or a mobile device by signing in to your account. Go to “Your Apps” then “Digital Content and Devices,” click “Manage,” “Your Subscriptions,” then turn off auto-renewal for HBO Max.
You can also cancel your HBO Max subscription from Amazon Prime Video by clicking on the “Cancel Channel” under the “Your Channels” option. Also, check out how to cancel Amazon Prime subscription.
Cancel HBO Max Subscription through Roku
Here’s how to cancel an HBO Max subscription through Roku:
- Locate the HBO Max app on your Roku device and click on it.
- Press the Start Button on your remote control.
- Head to the Options menu, select Manage Subscriptions, then Cancel Subscription.
Has HBO Max rebranded itself in 2023? HBO Max and Discovery Plus merger answered
Yes, HBO Max has rebranded itself as Max, signifying the platform’s dedication to offering viewers maximum entertainment value and a seamless streaming experience.
Can I cancel my HBO Max subscription anytime?
Yes, you can cancel Your HBO Max subscription or trial anytime, days, or hours before your next billing cycle. In addition, you can continue streaming HBO Max even after canceling your subscription until the expiry date.
Can I cancel my HBO Max subscription from any device?
Yes, HBO Max makes it easy for subscribers to cancel their subscription anytime, on any device. Therefore, you can cancel your HBO Max subscription from a computer, mobile device, Roku, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
Can we cancel the HBO Max subscription through Hulu?
You can cancel your HBO Max subscription through Hulu by accessing your Hulu account. Then, go to Your Subscription, Manage Plan, or Manage add-ons. Finally, move the toggle next to HBO Max until you get an X sign instead of a checkmark.
That’s it! These are the methods to cancel an HBO Max subscription on a computer or mobile device, Roku, through Amazon Prime and Hulu. You can cancel Max subscription anytime. Use this guide to cancel your HBO Max subscription on any device or third-party service.
You may like to read