Disney Plus NZ Review [2021 Updated]
Disney Plus NZ is a brainchild of Walt Disney Company that allows you to watch movies, TV shows, and documentaries from 900+ titles. What makes this nascent service different from its competitors is its strong correlation with famous media industry players like Marvel, National Geographic, and others.
This guide will let you know different attributes of Disney Plus for the New Zealand region like pricing, content type, compatibility, and others in detail. If you are a New Zealander living abroad and willing to access the Disney Plus NZ library there, you can do it in 6 simple steps. Similarly, if you are interested in accessing Disney Plus America while residing in New Zealand, you can do it in 5 easy steps.
Disney Plus Price in New Zealand and other regions?
Disney Plus has followed a simple pricing strategy for its New Zealand region. When looking at Disney Plus NZ price, the monthly package is accessible for $12.99 per month. As far as the yearly package pricing goes, you will need to pay $129.99 at once or $10.33 per month.
If we talk about its pricing tactics in other countries like the US, Canada, and Australia, the streaming giant has offered budget-friendly pricing packages. The US subscribers will have to pay $7.99 and $79.99 on a monthly and yearly basis, respectively.
The Canadian fans should pay C$8.99 and C$89.99 to get the subscription of monthly and annual plans. The Australian fans of Disney Plus need to pay $11.99 per month to obtain its monthly pricing plan.
They can use its yearly pricing plan by paying $119.99 to continue watching their desired shows and movies in Australia.
Release Date in Different Regions
Disney Plus was launched in the US and Canada on November 12, 2019. It started offering its services in the oceanic region, including Australia and New Zealand, since November 19, 2019. The provider started its operation in the UK and Ireland on March 24, 2020. Similarly, Disney Plus arrived in France after a two-week delay on April 7, 2020.
What’s on Disney Plus
Disney Plus is a one-stop solution for viewers who want to access different kinds of media content. The famous entertainment provider boasts some popular films like Maleficient, A Wrinkle in Time, Night At The Museum 2, and others.
Moreover, you can watch one of the top TV shows, such as The Mandalorian and Agents of Shield on Disney Plus, while residing in New Zealand hassle-free.
Below we have rounded up some of the best TV shows and movies you can watch on Disney Plus NZ:
Best Shows on Disney Plus NZ
- Gravity Falls
- The Imagineering Story
- The Incredible Dr. Pol
- So Weird
- The Simpsons
- Andi Mack
- Spider-Man: The Animated Series
- X-Man: The Animated Series
- Brain Games
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
Best Movies on Disney Plus NZ
- A Wrinkle in Time
- 12 Dates of Christmas
- Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Alley Cats Strike!
- Aliens of the Deep
- Free Solo
- Frozen 2
- Lady and the Tramp
- Avengers: Endgame
- Beauty and the Beast
- Before the Flood
New Releases on Disney Plus NZ (2021)
Disney Plus has included some other TV shows and movies to keep its users engaged for September 2021. Similarly, the service will keep adding new titles in its content library to retain the existing customer base in the coming months. These new releases include:
- Dug Days– Season 1 – (September 1, 2021)
- Marvel Studio Legends- (September 1, 2021)
- Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles – Premiere (September 3, 2021)
- The D’Amelio Show – Premiere – (September 3, 2021)
- Only Murderers In The Building – Episode 3 (September 7, 2021)
- Marvel’s What If- Episode 5 – (September 8, 2021)
- Turner & Hooch – (Episode 8-Episode108) “Arf Appreciation” – (September 8, 2021)
- Pixar Sparkshort- Twenty Something- (September 10, 2021)
- Shock and Awe – (September 10, 2021)
- 9/11: One Day in America – Season 1- (September 11, 2021)
- Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.- Episode 2 – (September 15, 2021)
- Narco Wars – Season 2 – (September 15, 2021)
- Pixar Sparkshort – Nona – (September 17, 2021)
- Disney Descendants: The Royal Wedding – (September 17, 2021)
- Only Murderers In The Building – Episode 4 – (September 21, 2021)
- Star Wars Vision – (September 22, 2021)
- That One Word Feyenoord Season 1: Episode 4 – (September 22, 2021)
- A Spark Story – (September 24, 2021)
- Only Murderers In The Building – Episode 7 – (September 28, 2021)
- Free Guy – (September 29, 2021)
- Summer of Soul – (September 29, 2021)
- Disney’s Magic Bake-Off -Season 1 (New Episodes) – (September 29, 2021)
How can I sign up for Disney Plus NZ?
The subscription process of Disney Plus in New Zealand is not cumbersome. It only takes a few minutes to complete the whole process. Here is what you should do:
- Go to the official website of Disney Plus.
- Provide your login information including email address, password, and credit card details
- Choose either a monthly ($12.99) or yearly ($129.99) package to complete the sign-up process.
You can avail its exclusive 7-day free trial feature to save your hard-earned money. Besides, you can create 7 different profiles using a single account. If your kids want to use your account, you can create Kids Profile for them to enable “Parental Control” on any content of your choice.
How to watch Disney Plus NZ outside New Zealand?
Similar to other video-on-demand services like Netflix and Hulu, Disney Plus NZ also uses an IP tracking system to restrict all subscribers who try to access the service from unsupported locations. Therefore, you will receive the following geo-limitation error on your screen:
Hence, you will need to use a VPN NZ or a free New Zealand VPN to bypass geo-blocking issues. You can hide your actual IP address with another IP address, which will be, in this case, New Zealand. Here are some simple steps you should follow to unblock Disney Plus with a VPN in New Zealand.
Step 1 – Subscribe to ExpressVPN and create an account.
Step 2 – Select your preferred pricing plan. We recommend you to go for the 12 months + 3 free months plan as it offers an excellent 49% discount.
Step 3 – Download the VPN app for your device, be it Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Step 4 – Log in to your account using your login credentials.
Step – 5 Select the New Zealand server from the servers’ list.
Step – 6 Once you have connected to the NZ server, go to the official website of Disney Plus.
How to access Disney Plus US Library in New Zealand?
In order to access American Disney Plus in New Zealand, you have to follow the same steps mentioned above but this time you have to connect to a US server instead of a New Zealand server. By doing so, you can easily access the US Library of Disney Plus to watch your favorite shows that are only available in the US Library.
The steps are as follows:
- Select ExpressVPN’s 12 months + 3 free months pricing plan and subscribe to it.
- Download the VPN app for your device.
- Use your login credentials to log in to your account.
- Select a US server from the server’s list and go to the official website of Disney Plus.
- Start watching your favorite Disney Plus American content that you can’t access on the New Zealand library.
Disney Plus NZ Salient Features
There is no denying Disney Plus is a family-oriented streaming service. It allows parents to activate the “Parental Control” option on content, which they assume inappropriate for their children. Moreover, you can use its eye-catching resume or continue watching feature to watch documentaries, original programming, and other content.
Disney + NZ also enables you to download its entire media content library using its offline viewing feature. It is one of the most significant advantages that you will not find in other services. In case you want to watch particular shows or movies, you can request Disney Plus to include such content in your library.
What sets it apart from the other streaming services?
Disney Plus NZ is one of the cheapest streaming services compared with Netflix, LightBox, and Neon. But, Amazon Prime is cheaper than Disney Plus in New Zealand. You just have to spend $12.99 per month to satisfy your streaming desires as much as you want.
Unlike Netflix, Disney Plus still offers a free trial feature that allows new users to explore the provider’s pros and cons in detail. Similar to Netflix and LightBox, the service enables you to watch content on 4 different devices simultaneously.
Disney + NZ has one of the largest content libraries thanks to its massive collaboration with providers like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20th Century, and National Geographic.
Devices and Platforms compatible with Disney Plus NZ
Disney+ supports different types of operating systems and devices, including:
- Android (phones and tablets)
- iOS (iPhones and iPads)
- Apple TV
- Sony TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Magenta TV Stick
- Amazon Fire TV and FireStick
- Xbox One
Is Disney Plus available in NZ?
Disney Plus was launched on November 19, 2019, in New Zealand. Similarly, it was introduced one week earlier in other countries like the US and Canada and became a huge success by getting 10 million subscribers on its opening day.
How much is Disney Plus in New Zealand?
You will have to pay $12.99 per month to get its monthly subscription plan. Likewise, you can avail its yearly subscription package at the cost of $129.99, which means you will need to bear a monthly price of $10.33. Both these packages let you access all the titles that are available in New Zealand.
How many devices can you have on Disney plus NZ?
You can watch all your favorite content through a single account, be it TV shows, movies, documentaries, and others on four (4) different devices simultaneously. The service also offers an attractive offline viewing option that helps you download content on up to 10 devices with one account.
How do I get Disney Plus on my Smart TV NZ?
The task of installing a Disney Plus app on your Smart TV is simple and does not need any rocket science. Here is what you should do:
- From the Smart TV’s home screen, navigate and choose Apps.
- Select the search icon available at the right corner and search for Disney+ app
- Once you have installed the app, press the home button on your remote and navigate it via remote’s directional pad to launch the app.
How much data does Disney Plus use?
It depends on your broadband connection and the devices that you use to watch the content. You can watch the content in low quality using 0.3 GB data on an hourly basis. If you want to stream TV shows in HD quality, you will have to burn 3GB data per hour.
You can stream any media content in standard quality by consuming 0.7 GB data per hour. Besides, you will use 7 GB data per hour to watch movies or documentaries in Ultra HD quality. However, you may use one device at a time only while viewing the content in different formats.
Is Disney Plus really worth it?
Yes, getting a Disney Plus subscription at a comparatively low cost than other giant services is absolutely worth it. However, it depends on what sort of content you prefer to binge on when spending money on any streaming service as Disney Plus boasts excellent content with the collaboration of popular media industry players including Pixar, Marvel, 20th Century, National Geographic. Moreover, the service takes care of everyone from a child to every senior citizen, it has content to entertain people of every age group.
Does Disney Plus have ads?
Luckily, annoying ads will not spoil your streaming fun when streaming content on Disney Plus. Furthermore, the service is not planning to introduce any ad-supported free plan for its viewers.
Is the Last Jedi available on Disney Plus NZ?
Yes, the Star Wars: The Last Jedi is now available for streaming on Disney Plus in New Zealand. Previously, the famous TV series was not included in the content library of Disney Plus due to the implications of streaming contracts.
How to cancel the subscription of Disney Plus NZ?
If you want to cancel your existing Disney Plus subscription then you should follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of Disney Plus and log in.
- Select your profile>account and then choose the “Cancel Subscription” option
This way, you can cancel your Disney Plus account accordingly.
How to get Disney Plus NZ on PS4?
Once you have subscribed to Disney Plus in New Zealand, you can download and install its app on PS4 by following these simple steps:
- Through your PS4, go to the PlayStation Store.
- Choose “Apps” to access new apps.
- Search for Disney Plus in the Apps section and download the app
- After installing the app, use your login credentials to start watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
Since its launch, Disney Plus NZ has become one of the most sought after streaming services like Netflix within a year. The provider allows you to test its different features using its impressive 7-day free trial feature.
In terms of pricing, the service looks cheaper than other services like Netflix, Neon, and Lightbox. Apart from this, Disney Plus offers a decent 4 multi-logins feature that helps you stream content on multiple devices.
Disney Plus is a safe bet for the Kiwi streaming lovers who want to accomplish their media cravings under their budget.
You may also be interested in: