Last updated: December 6, 2023
Do you want to know whether you can or cannot get HBO Max on Firestick? Unexpectedly, HBO Max is readily available on Firestick as it is compatible with all Amazon Fire TV devices, including Firestick.
HBO Max routinely ranks among the most popular networks for subscribers of pay television. A well-liked entertainment option is owned by Warner Media Studios and features a large selection of excellent television shows and motion pictures. Besides, the collaboration between HBO Max and Discovery Plus has led to the creation of Max, a comprehensive streaming platform designed to meet the evolving needs of viewers.
There is no direct streaming available for HBO Max in New Zealand. It is not available in New Zealand due to restrictions placed on it, so you’ll need a VPN service like ExpressVPN to connect to one of the US servers.
You may find the instructions for getting HBO Max on FireStick in this article. All other Fire TV devices, including Firestick 4K, and FireStick Lite, can be used with these instructions.
How to Sign Up for HBO Max in New Zealand?
To sign up for HBO Max, follow these steps:
- Get a VPN subscription. (for best performance: ExpressVPN)
- Connect to a US server. (New York)
- Go to HBO Max in any browser.
- On the website, click SIGN UP NOW or the SIGNUP icon in the top-right corner.
- Pick from the offered subscription packages. There are two plans available.
- Enter the necessary details (such as your name and email address) on the following screen, then click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Enter your payment and billing information on the following page to purchase the subscription.
- Watch HBO Max on Firestick and any other device. Only credit/debit card payments are accepted at this time.
How to Install HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand [Step-by-Step Guide]
The 8 steps listed below must be followed in order to install HBO Max on Firestick:
- Install the ExpressVPN App on your streaming device after downloading it.
- Connect to the New York server to change your IP address.
- Choose Find first, then Search from Firestick’s main menu.
- When the list of results appears, choose HBO Max.
- Choose the HBO Max tile from the Apps & Subscriptions menu (you may need to scroll down to view this section).
- Choose to Get from the menu to install HBO Max for the first time on FireStick.
- When the software is being downloaded and installed onto your FireStick, kindly be patient. This could take some time.
- To watch Max on Firestick, choose Open.
- Now have now set up and successfully installed HBO Max on Firestick.
NOTE: After installing it on Firestick you must get an HBO Max subscription.
How to Setup HBO Max on Other Amazon Fire TV Streaming Devices?
Follow these instructions to set up HBO Max on various Amazon Fire TV streaming devices:
- On your Fire TV device, visit the Amazon Appstore.
- Download the HBO Max App by searching for it.
- Open the app after downloading it, then log in using your account details.
- You can create an HBO Max account if you don’t already have one.
- On your Fire TV device, you may browse and stream the content after logging in.
Note: To ensure that the HBO Max App functions properly, make sure your Fire TV device is online and that it is running the most recent version of the operating system.
How to cancel HBO Max on the Fire TV Stick
Go to Settings from the main page and choose Programs—>Manage Installed Apps to uninstall HBO Max from your Firestick. Locate HBO Max by scrolling down and selecting Uninstall.
To avoid being charged a monthly price if you don’t intend to use the app again, make sure to cancel your subscription to the app first. Choose Settings > Billing Details > Manage Subscription to do this. Next, choose cancel Subscription and then affirm your choice.
Instead, you could select the less expensive $9.99/month ad-supported plan. Only four minutes of advertisements are shown per hour, but you won’t be disturbed while watching any HBO Max originals. HBO Max may even be available without charge.
What Can I watch on HBO Max from my Amazon Firestick in New Zealand?
A total of nine entertainment hubs—HBO, DC, Crunchyroll, TCM, Sesame Workshop, Studio Ghibli, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Looney Tunes—offer a combined 13,000 hours of movies and shows on HBO Max.
|90 Day Pillow Talk: The Other Way, Season 5
||Prancer: A Christmas Tale
||Scooby-Doo! and Krypto, Too!
||OWN Holiday Movie: The Christmas Detective
|Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage & Reckoning
||Puppy Bowl XIX
|Elmo & Tango Holiday Helpers
||The Flight Attendant
||Raised By Wolves
Streaming Services Available on Amazon Firestick in 2023?
You have access to hundreds of possible channels, and there are tens of thousands of movies and TV shows that you may stream. You can download the Apps for popular streaming services like Netflix, Sling TV, Hulu, and of course Amazon Prime in addition to HBO Max on the Amazon Fire Stick, but there is a monthly subscription to access their vast content libraries (though most do provide a free trial).
Also, you may download specific channels covering a variety of subjects, like sports (EPSN), news (NBC), food (Vegan Life), fitness (Peloton), movies (Hallmark), music (Spotify), and children’s programming.
How much does it Cost for HBO Max on Firestick in New Zealand?
HBO Max cost in New Zealand only $15.99/month. A plan with ads is also available for ($9.99)/month. It offers 4k quality HBO Max movies/shows and an offline downloading option.
HBO Max Not Working On Firestick – [Easy Fixes]
Here are some easy fixes if you are unable to watch Max on Firestick:
- Check your internet connection: HBO Max needs a reliable internet connection to function effectively. Try resetting your router and confirming that your internet is operational.
- Delete the cache and data by going to the Firestick’s settings, choosing the Apps tab, and then finding HBO Max. To get rid of any damaged files, select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Look for updates for HBO Max and install them if any are available. Navigate to the Amazon Appstore and choose My Apps & Games. Look for HBO Max and select Update.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling HBO Max if all else fails. Locate HBO Max by going to Firestick’s settings and choosing Apps. Then, download it from the Amazon Appstore once more by clicking the Uninstall option.
- Customer service for HBO Max can be reached at: You can get more help from HBO Max customer service if none of the aforementioned fixes work.
Has HBO Max rebranded itself in 2023? HBO Max and Discovery Plus merger answered
Yes, HBO Max has undergone a major rebranding in 2023, adopting the new name Max to represent its evolved and unified streaming platform.
HBO Max Firestick – FAQs
Can I get HBO Max with Amazon Fire Stick?
HBO Max is available with the Amazon Fire Stick, yes. To access all of the content, download the HBO Max app to your Fire Stick from the Amazon Appstore and log in using your HBO Max account information.
Why is HBO Max unavailable on FireStick in New Zealand?
HBO Max may not work on your FireStick in New Zealand for a variety of reasons. Start by determining whether your FireStick or internet connection is broken. Try restarting your gadget or doing a factory reset on your wireless router to see if the issue has been fixed. Check sure your Wi-Fi connection is safe and quick enough to support a download speed of at least 10 Mbps as an extra precaution. HBO Max may not be accessible in your area if you’ve already tried the instructions and it’s still not functioning. Feel free to get in touch with HBO Max’s customer service department if you have any inquiries.
How do I restart the HBO Max app on a Fire Stick?
To restart the HBO Max app on a Fire Stick, follow these steps:
- On your Fire Stick control, depress and hold the Home button.
- The menu that displays will allow you to choose “Apps.”
- The HBO Max app can be found by scrolling to the right.
- On your remote, select “Options” (the button with three lines).
- From the menu that appears, pick “Force Stop.”
- Choose the application once more to restart it once it has stopped.
How do I sign out of HBO Max on a Fire Stick in New Zealand?
Follow these instructions to sign out of HBO Max on FireStick
in New Zealand:
- On your Fire Stick, launch the HBO Max app.
- Go to the menu’s “Settings” section.
- Choose “Account”
- Select “Sign Out”
Can you get HBO Max on the Fire TV Stick for free?
To get HBO Max on the Fire TV Stick for free, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of HBO Max
right away if you’re interested in seeing what it has to offer. If you continue to enjoy HBO Max after the free trial has ended, you can become a subscriber.
We hope you now understand how to download HBO Max on Firestick. You will need a VPN service like ExpressVPN to watch Max on Firestick in New Zealand.