How to Cancel Netflix Subscription?
With so many streaming services to choose from today and binge-watching hours dwindling, we can’t blame you if you want to cancel your Netflix subscription. However, as per our Netflix NZ review, the best thing about the streaming platform is that it’s so easy to use, and canceling a subscription requires no hassle.
Whether you need to cancel your Netflix account to switch to another service or just need time off, there’s the right way to do it. You’ll need to follow the steps to delete your Netflix account and leave none of your data behind. So, read on to find out how.
If you still have the Netflix DVD Plan, you should see the option to cancel it under the same Membership and Billing page. It’s important to know that if you signed up for Netflix at a lower price, you would pay the current rate if/when you choose to come back.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on iPhone?
If you created your Netflix account on an iPhone or iPad, your account might be linked to your Apple ID. If this is the case, you’ll need to head over to your Apple ID menu to cancel your Netflix subscription on your iPhone.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to your device’s settings on your Apple device (iPad or iPhone) and tap your name at the top of the page.
- An Apple ID menu should pop up, and you should tap on Subscriptions.
- Go through the list of your active subscriptions until you locate Netflix.
- Select it and choose Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm your choice, and voila!
But what if your account isn’t linked to your Apple ID? Here’s what you need to do to cancel your Netflix subscription on your Apple device.
- Launch your Safari browser and visit your Netflix account page.
- There should be three vertical lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap on the three lines and then choose “Account.”
- Scroll down the page and choose “Cancel Membership.”
- Confirm the cancellation by tapping on “Finish Cancellation.”
You can continue streaming Netflix and watching the best horror movies on Netflix NZ until your next billing date, which you can confirm under account membership. The streaming service should send a confirmation email, which is important because it confirms you won’t be billed again.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Mobile or Android?
Similarly, if you signed up for Netflix through an Android app on your mobile device, the application will be connected to your Google account. If this is the case, the easiest way to cancel a Netflix subscription on mobile is through the Android app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Play Store app on your Android mobile device. Once you’re in, tap on your profile icon located in the top right corner of your screen.
- A menu should open with plenty of options, choose “Payment and Subscriptions” and then Subscriptions.
- You’ll see Netflix from the list of services you’ve subscribed to, so tap on it and select Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm cancellation, and you’re done. You’ve successfully canceled your Netflix subscription on mobile.
If you want to cancel your Netflix subscription, you can check out the other options such as Neon, Amazon Prime & Disney Plus. Have a look at the detailed guide on Netflix vs Neon.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Laptop?
Canceling a Netflix subscription on a laptop or mobile device is easy on a laptop. Launch your favorite web browser and follow these steps:
- Head over to the Netflix website and sign in to your account. Choose a user if it’s a shared account but don’t select a Kid’s account if you have one because you won’t be able to cancel Netflix.
- Hover the mouse over the user icon in the top right and click on Account from the menu that pops up.
- Click the Cancel Membership button and finish the process by hitting the Finish Cancellation button.
How to Cancel Netflix on TV?
You can also cancel Netflix on TV if you don’t feel like logging in to your account through a website. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, launch the Netflix app on your TV.
- Select the down arrow at the top right corner of the main page. It should be next to your profile name.
- Scroll down to the Account section.
- Select the grey Cancel Membership box under Membership and Billing.
- Hit enter or Ok on your remote control to Finish Cancellation.
How to Cancel Netflix Account without a Password?
You must log in to your Netflix account to cancel your monthly subscription. So, you need a password to log in to your account and complete the cancellation process. These are the steps you should follow:
- First, navigate to the official Netflix website and click “Need Help?”.
- A menu will show up on your screen asking you to reset your password.
- You have two options of resetting the password, email or SMS.
- Choose your preferred option, and Netflix will send a link to reset your email.
- Click on the link and enter a new password.
- Next, log in to your Netflix account and click on the main “User” account.
- Click on the “User” icon on the top right corner of the browser, then “Account”.
- Finally, click the “Cancel Membership” button and confirm your choice to delete your account.
Canceling Netflix if Billed Through Another Service
Many Netflix users still sign up for the service through an ISP, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, or Comcast Xfinity. However, you cannot cancel your Netflix membership directly from your account if you signed up through another service.
Luckily, we’ll show you how to cancel Netflix subscription on iTunes, Amazon, Comcast Xfinity, and Google Play.
Also, check out how to cancel discovery plus in NZ.
Cancelling Netflix Through iTunes
Cancelling Netflix on iTunes is easy, and you’ll need to follow these two simple steps:
- First, launch the settings up on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID, which is at the top of the screen. Choose subscriptions, locate the Netflix subscription from the list and cancel it.
Cancelling Netflix Through Amazon
Follow these steps if you want to cancel your Netflix account via Amazon:
- First, bring up the Memberships and Subscriptions page.
- Then, click the Advanced Controls option and select Netflix from the Active Subscription list.
- Cancel your Netflix subscription
Cancelling Netflix Through Google Play
Cancelling Netflix through Google Play is an uncomplicated process as follows:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device and tap on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose subscriptions from the list, then Netflix.
- Select the option to cancel the subscription.
Cancelling Netflix Through Comcast Xfinity
If you want to cancel your Netflix subscription via Comcast Xfinity, you need to log in to your ISP account first.
Check active subscriptions and end your Netflix subscription.
However, you should check the terms and conditions because you might not be paying for Netflix. After all, Comcast Xfinity offered this service for free. If you need to cancel other streaming services like Sling TV & ESPN Plus, you can check our article on how to cancel Sling TV & ESPN Plus.
How to Cancel Netflix if Account was Hacked
All the login information will be changed if your Netflix account is hacked. So, you’ll need to find out how to log in to cancel your subscriptions to prevent someone else from enjoying your hard-earned dollars.
- Go to the Netflix page and click “Need Help” under the red Sign In button.
- Provide the login information you signed up with to help Netflix match it with your original billing method.
- After providing this information, the support team will contact you with information to help you cancel the account.
Moreover, If you face an issue with the stored data on the Netflix app, check out the quick fixes of Netflix NZ Error Code UI-800-3.
Besides Netflix, there are many other alternate streaming services that you can opt for. Here is a list of streaming services that provides binge-watching content in reasonable rates:
How to downgrade your Netflix plan?
If you don’t want to cancel Netflix but want to save a few bucks on subscription charges, downgrading your Netflix plan is a great option. Well, if you’re not on the Basic package plan. All in all, you’ll need to follow these few steps:
- First, select your current plan under your account.
- Click change plan and pick the one you want to downgrade to, i.e., Basic from Standard, Premium to Standard, or Premium to Basic.
- Click continue, and you’ll receive an email confirming the downgrade of your Netflix plan.
Can I reactivate my Netflix account?
Yes, you can reactivate your Netflix account after cancelling it, but it must be within ten months. If you reactivate within this time frame, you’ll find all your preferences intact. However, you’ll have to create a new Netflix account if you attempt to reactivate after ten months.
Can I pause my Netflix account?
Pausing a Netflix account is a new feature, and not all users have this ability. However, if you sign back into your account before the ten months are over, you’ll find everything just as you left it.
That’s it! That’s how to cancel a Netflix subscription on all your streaming devices or third-party services. Remember, you can log back into your account and find all your setting intact if you do it within ten months.
Use this hack to skip paying a monthly subscription until the next season of your favorite show is back or when Netflix releases a blockbuster.