How To Watch Hulu in New Zealand
If you’re here, then you’re probably wondering can you get Hulu in NZ. Well, we hate to burst your bubble, but Hulu is currently not available in New Zealand but if you are looking to watch Hulu in New Zealand, we recommend you use ExpressVPN for just $6.67/mo.
Even though Hulu does not have the expansive library as some of its top competitors, the quality of its content is unmatched.
The streaming platform certainly is a top service in the United States, backing up Netflix. It boasts an intriguing variety of the most highly-rated TV shows and music.
Some of the top Hulu NZ shows are The Handmaid’s Tale, harlots, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, and This is Us.
But unfortunately, Hulu is blocked in New Zealand due to restricted content and international censorship. There’s no Hulu New Zealand out there, at least not at the moment. It is not because of a lack of servers or of weak infrastructure, but because of content laws and licensing issues.
So, if you’re waiting for Hulu NZ to happen, you’re wasting your time. But there is a way to stream the service legally, and that is through the use of a VPN. Here’s how to watch Hulu in New Zealand in just a couple of seconds:
(6 Easy Steps) to Watch Hulu in New Zealand
Here are the 6 easy steps to follow to watch Hulu USA in New Zealand in just 5 minutes.
Step 1– Sign up for an ExpressVPN account. When you arrive at the home page, choose the 12 months + 3 free months plan.
Step 2– Pick which plan is best for you (12 months + 3 free months plan gives you the best financial option in the long-term).
Step 3– Make sure that you download the VPN application onto your Android or iOS device, tablet, or PC. You can even use the ExpressVPN chrome extension for the same.
Step 4– Sign in to your ExpressVPN account with the information that you just created.
Step 5– On the ExpressVPN website, choose a server from the United States.
Step 6– With the help of your new IP address, go to the Hulu website. When you arrive, navigate to the “log in” selection at the top right of the page, or choose the “get one-month free” button.
(Source: Hulu Homepage)
Now, you can begin to watch Hulu in NZ without any restrictions.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in NZ
How many times did you attempt to opt for a VPN in NZ but unfortunately it didn’t help when it comes to unblocking the geo-restricted websites? No worries, we have rounded up some of the amazing VPN services that passed our extensive testing. These VPNs are as follows:
No wonder ExpressVPN is a great choice we recommend for international browsers because of its lightning-fast speed and protective abilities. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries across the world, including a huge number of United States VPN servers making it quite easy for Kiwis to access Hulu in NZ.
ExpressVPN’s goal is to keep 3rd parties like your ISP, cyber-attackers, and hackers away from your data. To stick to its goal, ExpressVPN follows a No-Log policy and uses strong privacy protocols and features including best-in-class encryption, kill switch, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection.
It is also cost-effective for the consumers at $6.67/mo yet Kiwis can try watching Hulu in NZ with ExpressVPN offerings of a Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
There’s no denying in saying that we have found Surfshark the most pocket-friendly and fast VPN service for streaming at the same time. It comes with 3200+ servers across 65 countries so that New Zealanders can unblock Hulu in NZ in no time.
Apart from the optimal servers, Surfshark ensures users’ safety with a blend of classy privacy features including a kill switch, clean web, DNS leak protection, etc. Surfshark made it possible to stream Hulu in NZ on unlimited devices on a single account simultaneously and anonymously as Surfshark doesn’t keep logs.
As discussed above, it won’t hit you much on your budget as it costs $2.49/mo only. Besides, it comes with a 30-Day money-back guarantee to have your back if you want to try it first!
Next up, here we have NordVPN to recommend with a huge network of 5400+ servers in more than 55+ countries worldwide. Their availability of servers in the US making it the best Hulu VPN NZ as almost all the NordVPN servers in the US work smoothly while unblocking Hulu in NZ.
NordVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and a No-Log policy so that your online activity wouldn’t be tracked or recorded. The privacy features guarantee you no DNS or IP leaks as it uses a dedicated IP address, kill switch, and split tunneling. Moreover, you can enjoy 10 devices connections simultaneously in just a single subscription.
Heard about VPN awareness month yet? if not then celebrate it with NordVPN and get 3 months free (save 72%) on a 2-years plan for just $3.30/mo. Plus it offers a 30-Day money-back guarantee too so that new users can take advantage of the service trial while experiencing the content of Hulu in NZ using NordVPN optimal US servers.
What is a VPN? How Will It Help You Watch Hulu Outside the USA?
A virtual private network (VPN) masks your original IP address and replaces it with a foreign one so that you can use the internet in other regions of the world. It provides you with online visibility based on the geographic area of your preference. A VPN enables you to get access to services like Hulu, and it is entirely legal and safe!
How Can You Sign Up for Hulu?
If you want to sign up for Hulu, you’ll need to follow the below simple steps:
- Head to the official website of Hulu.
- Now you can see the option of “Start your free trial”, just click on it.
- Then, you’ll need to choose a Hulu plan of your choice.
- Fill in the required details like your Name, E-mail address, and password.
- Provide your gender and date of birth where asked.
- Now, tap on the “Next” button.
Note: When you attempt to proceed with payment, you might be asked to have an American mode of payment such as an American PayPal account or it can be a credit card too. Without having it, you may not be able to get a Hulu account as your payment won’t be accepted.
How To Pay for Subscription of Hulu in NZ?
By using the simple course of actions below, you might be able to have an account of Hulu:
- You better ask any of your friends, family members, or members of an extended family who resides in the USA to get you a subscription to a Hulu account.
- You can get a Hulu account in NZ by simply using the American Prepaid Card.
- You can also use an American virtual card too in order to get a Hulu account so that you can watch Hulu in NZ without any hassle.
How To Use Hulu Gift Cards?
Well, there are a number of websites where you can get numerous gift cards, but for your ease, we would recommend you to find and get a Gift Card for Hulu from a website named as MyGiftCardSupply.
- Visit the aforementioned website or any website you want to. Check for the multiple options of gift cards and then select one gift card for Hulu of your choice.
- Now purchase a Hulu gift card, there you’ll see the different amounts for gift cards as $25, $50, or $100. Now it’s up to you whether you opt for any of those amounts or choose to pay one-time via an automatic buying option for a Hulu gift card for every month.
- Now, tap on “Checkout” and proceed to fill in your required information for billing. The orders would be delivered via email. For details verification, you’re required to provide your valid and correct contact details when asked.
- Once you’re done from here, head “Next” to PayPal.
- After your payment is processed, you can review every single detail pertaining to your purchase on the order detail page.
- Once you made a final purchase, you’ll be notified via e-mail about your order/purchase confirmation along with a link (in which all the instructions regarding redeeming your gift voucher details would mention). To get detailed instructions, click the link.
- After tapping on the link, you’ll get your code against your Hulu voucher. You can use your code but make share you log out from every of your Hulu account before entering the code.
- Now you need to clear all the cache of your browser as well as delete all the cookies and then go to the redemption page of the Hulu voucher (you can use this link too if the one given on MyGiftCardSupply doesn’t work).
- On the redemption page, you’ll need to enter your code and then click on the “Redeem” option. Once you’re done, you’ll be directed to create a Hulu account and provide the Postal Code of the US (you can get it by searching it on the Internet if you don’t have it).
- After entering every required detail, you’ll see a “Start My Subscription” option. Just click on it.
- As soon as your subscription starts, you’ll find yourself on Hulu’s homepage which means you’re all set to stream your desired content on Hulu in NZ.
Note: Once the balance on your Hulu’s gift card ends, your subscription activation would end too!
How Much Does Hulu Cost
So, let’s move to check the different pricing plans Hulu offers to its users. Currently, Hulu has 3 plans to offer:
- The Hulu Basic Plan costs you only $5.99/month, in which you’ll get almost everything other than the few things that Hulu is offering in the rest of the other 2 packages. In this package, you’ll have to encounter some ads while streaming as this package supports ads. Moreover, with this package, you won’t be able to download movies or TV shows to watch later nor you’ll have access to Live TV.
- The Hulu (No-Ads) Plan costs you $11.99/month. This package is more suitable for the binge-watchers in NZ as Ads will not bother them while they’re streaming their favorite shows or movies on Hulu. Unlike the Basic plan, this plan is a bit higher on the pricing side, because users can download movies or TV shows whenever they want to but still no access to the Live TV will be granted in this package.
- Hulu Plus Live TV Plan costs you $64.99/month. In this package, users will have access to Live TV in which they can enjoy more than 60+ channels as well as on-demand TV including (news, entertainment, and sports). Moreover, this Hulu Plus plan is more premium than the other two plans because users can avail exclusive features which are missing in the above two plans. The downside of this package is, you can’t have the option of downloading and ads might ruin your streaming experience too.
On Which Devices Can I Stream Hulu in NZ?
You can watch Hulu’s famous content in New Zealand on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android TV (selected models)
- Samsung Smart TVs (selected models)
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Roku and Roku TV Stick (selected models)
- PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
Which are the Best TV Shows on Hulu?
Here is the list that includes some of the best TV shows you can watch on Hulu in NZ:
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Mrs. America
- Castle Rock
- Good Girls
- The Path
- What We Do In The Shadows
Which are the Best Movies on Hulu?
Here is the list that includes some of the best movies you can watch on Hulu in New Zealand:
- Minding The Gap
- Big Time Adolescence
- Apollo 11
- Amazing Grace
- The Fight
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Hulu New Zealand: Common FAQs
Do you have to be in America to use Hulu?
You have to be in America to start using Hulu, but unless you are using a VPN service and connected to a US server, you can watch Hulu content from anywhere.
Is Hulu available in NZ?
No, Hulu is not available in NZ. At the moment, you can only watch Hulu in the U.S and in some U.S territories like Puerto Rico. In order to access Hulu in New Zealand, you will need a VPN that offers U.S servers.
Can you use Hulu internationally?
No, you cannot use Hulu internationally at the moment due to regional restrictions. That being said, this might change in the future.
Does Roku work in New Zealand?
Yes, Roku works absolutely fine within New Zealand. You can use the popular streaming player to watch your desired shows or movies in a blink of an eye.
Is Hulu coming to NZ?
Hulu does not have any intention anytime soon to launch its service in New Zealand. Actually, Hulu is not available in any country other than the US for now. To watch Hulu outside the US, you need to connect to a VPN.
Conclusion: Your Activity and Identity is Protected
As you can see, the advantages of using a VPN are many. You can expect all of your communications and browsing to get encrypted by military-quality technology. This feature allows you to access blocked content anonymously and legally. By providing you with an alternate ISP, your real identity gets protected against your regular ISP, government agencies, and other cybercriminals.
You can achieve all of these features at a low cost and at an optimal speed. ExpressVPN’s servers get optimized for speed and streaming from any device. After seeing how well this helps you with Hulu, you will want to look for more great streaming services throughout the world.
You may also be interested in: