How to Watch TNT in New Zealand? [2023 Updated]
Are you missing your favorite TNT Now series while you are away from home? If you are, then lucky for you, I will show you how to watch TNT in New Zealand with the help of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
TNT, originally an acronym for Turner Network Television, is an American basic cable television channel that debuted on October 3, 1988, and is owned by the Warner Bros. Discovery Networks division of Warner Bros. Discovery.
The original purpose of TNT was to broadcast vintage movies and TV shows for which Turner Broadcasting still held spillover rights on its sister station TBS.
Since TBS shifted its focus to comedic programming in June 2001, the network has shifted its focus to dramatic television series and feature films, as well as some sporting events (including the NBA games, NHL, NCAA Division I men’s basketball tournament, and professional wrestling show AEW Rampage).
Nowadays, many popular shows like Falling Skies, Leverage, Animal Kingdom, The Last Ship, and Good Behavior are available on TNT, which captivates the watchers. If you are in a hurry, check out this quick guide to know the steps.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch TNT in New Zealand?
To watch TNT in New Zealand, you must connect to a VPN. The copyrights, licensing regulations, and geo-restriction imposed on TNT content are the causes of the geo-restriction.
The solution is a VPN, which masks your online activity. After connecting to a VPN server, it assigns new IP addresses to its users and routes all internet traffic through a fictitious tunnel. You can watch Cinemax in NZ, Sundance Now, or S4C in New Zealand using a VPN.
What are the Best VPNs to get TNT in New Zealand?
We have listed our top 3 choices after evaluating various VPNs based on their speed, secure server connection, and unblocking abilities.
ExpressVPN: Best VPN for TNT in New Zealand
We think ExpressVPN is the best and fastest VPN for TNT streaming online. TNT can be viewed in HD with download and upload rates of 89.78 Mbps and 82.22 Mbps over a 100 Mbps connection, respectively. Based on the speed test results, it proved that you can also watch Samsung TV Plus and Noovo in New Zealand in HD or UHD.
More than 3000+ servers across 160 locations in 105 countries make up this VPN. In North America, there are 28 servers that can help you connect to TNT.
From any of ExpressVPN’s US server locations, you can access region-restricted TNT as well as fuboTV, HBO Max, Syfy NZ, Disney Plus, and Discovery Plus.
Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and other devices can all use this VPN. This VPN is a master of all trades and provides an open VPN configuration. DNS leaks are not allowed. The data you send and receive is protected by robust 256-bit encryption.
On devices that do not support the ExpressVPN app, you can use the MediaStreamer tool to watch YouTube TV, MHZ Choice, BBC iPlayer, DirecTV NZ, Italian Rai TV, or CBC inside New Zealand. Five devices can connect at once with ExpressVPN.
A 2-year subscription to ExpressVPN is available for NZ$10.84/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) - Black Friday Deal: Grab 3 Free Months + 49% OFF 12-Month Plan. For mobile users, it offers a 7-day free trial and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all users.
Surfshark: Budget-Friendly VPN for TNT in New Zealand
The cost of Surfshark VPN is affordable. A two-year subscription would cost NZ$3.23/mo (US$ 1.99/mo)- Get 86% on a 24-month subscription.
There are over 3200+ servers spread across 100 countries. Over 600 different locations in the US are home to these servers.
On a 100 Mbps server connection, we discovered that the upload speed was 54.22 Mbps, and the download speed was 88.78 Mbps. This is sufficient speed to watch Once Mexico & TCM in New Zealand on 1080p resolution.
Other geo-restricted streaming services like Netflix and VUDU are available alongside TNT. This VPN also gives users access to HBO Max, Hotstar, Hallmark channel, Amazon Prime, Sling TV, and Start TV NZ. The best features of this VPN include CleanWeb, MultiHop, and Camouflage Mode.
Users of Surfshark have access to apps for Linux, Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, and other operating systems. Follow the setup instructions closely to manually configure this VPN to work with specific home routers. You can download a sizable number of apps using it as well.
It permits multiple devices to connect at once. Surfshark provides a simple and hassle-free user experience. Privacy and user security are given top priority.
In addition, Surfshark gives mobile users a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee to all users. With the help of Surfshark, you can also unblock Popcornflix, Pure Flix & Belgian TV Channels in New Zealand without any hassle.
NordVPN: Largest Server network for TNT in New Zealand
NordVPN’s network of more than 5310+ servers in 59+ countries, 1,900 of which are US servers, makes it a great choice for unblocking geo-restricted TNT in New Zealand. You can choose from a number of locations for the quickest connection speed, thanks to servers spread out across the US cities.
The innovative NordLynx technology from NordVPN is built on the WireGuard® VPN protocol. You can connect to NordVPN servers more quickly while still maintaining security and privacy thanks to its faster VPN connections.
Even better, NordVPN provides a selection of specialized servers. Redundant VPN servers, for instance, boost security, and dedicated IP servers help you avoid being added to blacklists.
You’ll be glad to know that this VPN enables you to simultaneously connect to up to six devices. NordVPN is a simple service with round-the-clock support, user-friendly browser add-ons, and beginner-friendly apps.
This VPN is exempt from laws requiring mandatory data retention because its corporate headquarters are in Panama. This no-logs service safeguards your data with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, IPv6 leak protection, and DNS leak protection.
Through the apps for iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and Android TV, you can use NordVPN. Add-ons are also available for download for Chrome and Firefox. On routers, NordVPN must be manually installed.
It offers a seven-day free trial for mobile users and a 30-day money-back guarantee with its two-year subscription plan, which costs NZ$5.34/mo (US$ 3.29/mo).
How to choose the best VPN for TNT in New Zealand?
Although there are many VPN service providers, not all of them fall under the same category. We have compiled a list of the best VPN services for New Zealanders to watch TNT based on the following standards:
- Stability and speed of the service
- The available server options in the US
- Proven capability to unblock geo-restricted content
- Strong encryption requirements
- Apps for iOS and Android
- Support for numerous simultaneous connections
What to Watch on TNT in New Zealand in 2022?
Currently, TNT airs a mix of drama and reality series that are original productions and reruns of dramas that debuted on the major broadcast networks. As of 2022, TNT’s original programming lineup includes Animal Kingdom and Snowpiercer.
Reruns of current and former network police procedural series like Castle, Bones, and TNT mainstay Law & Order predominate the channel’s daytime, overnight, and Saturday morning schedules. In contrast, its weekday morning schedule is heavily weighted toward sci-fi, supernatural, and fantasy series.
What are the Top Shows on TNT in 2022?
The top shows on TNT in 2022 are-
- Major Crimes
- Murder in the First
- Public Morals
- Animal Kingdom
- Falling Skies
- Franklin & Bash
- Good Behavior
- I Am the Night
- The Last Ship
- The Librarians
- Transporter: The Series
- Rizzoli & Isles.
Which Devices are compatible with TNT in New Zealand?
You can watch TNT Now on a computer, smartphone, laptop, tablet, Apple TV, smart TV, and Fire TV stick. TNT can essentially be viewed on any device that supports the streaming services listed in the quick guide.
How can I watch TNT on iOS?
You must download a streaming service app and switch your iOS device’s region settings to the USA in order to watch TNT in New Zealand. This is how you do it:
- Subscribe to a VPN service (ExpressVPN is recommended), then download the service’s app from the App Store.
- Connect to a US-based server using the VPN, preferably one in New York.
- Open the app for your preferred streaming services that you downloaded, such as Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, or YouTube TV.
- Sign in with your subscriber credentials to access the TNT Channel in New Zealand streaming service.
How to Watch TNT on Android?
Information on How to download TNT for Android in New Zealand is provided below:
- Subscribe to a VPN service through the official website (ExpressVPN is recommended), then download the app from the Google Play Store.
- Connect to an American server using the VPN. The New York server is advised.
- Access Google Play Store by clicking the 3-bar in the top right corner.
- Choose the USA as your country under the “Account” section.
- Download either Sling TV NZ, YouTube TV, or Hulu + Live TV, depending on which streaming service you have a subscription to.
- Open the app for your preferred streaming service and log in. Then, search for “TNT channel.”
- Watch TNT Network with pleasure in New Zealand.
How to Watch TNT on Roku?
Follow these steps to watch TNT on Roku.
- Sign up for a streaming service with TNT (Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV New Zealand, or DIRECTV STREAM)
- Select “Search” from the Roku menu, then select “OK” on your remote.
- In the search field, type the name of the streaming service you are a member of.
- Press “OK” after selecting the streaming service.
- On your remote, select “Add Channel” and then press “OK.” “Go To Channel” will be an option if the channel is already installed.
- Your Roku now has the App. Open the app and sign in using the login information you used to purchase the service. The live TV guide on the apps will include TNT as a channel.
How to Watch TNT on Apple TV?
To watch TNT on Apple TV, adhere to these guidelines.
- Sign up for a streaming service that offers TNT (Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, or DIRECTV STREAM);
- scroll right to the search icon in the top-left corner of the screen; and 3) click on it to start searching for content.
- In the search field, type the name of the streaming service you are a member of.
- After clicking the cloud icon on the streaming service page, the channel will install. Your Apple TV has the App installed at this time.
- Launch the app and sign in using the login information you used to sign up for the service. The live TV guide on the apps will include TNT as a channel.
FAQs – TNT in New Zealand
Is TNT a free channel?
Are you trying to figure out how to watch TNT for free online and without cable? If that’s the case, you shouldn’t worry because many streaming services now offer TNT without cable, so all you have to do is choose one. You’ll have everything you need to watch TNT online for free or cheap after a brief sign-up!
Is TNT free on Roku?
On Roku, the TNT app is cost-free. You can access live TV, complete episodes, and snippets from your favorite TNT shows through the app. But you would need a TNT subscription in order to stream all of the content that the platform has to offer.
How much is the TNT app?
A monthly subscription is 69.99 USD or 113.39 NZD. 75+ live TV channels, an unlimited Cloud DVR, and unrestricted use of ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu’s on-demand selection are all included in the Hulu app which offers TNT.
You are prepared to watch TNT in New Zealand thanks to the abundance of content available. You can watch some of the best programming on the TNT channel. Choose a premium paid VPN, like ExpressVPN, over a free one to ensure you have a great experience.
You can watch TNT in New Zealand using streaming services like Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, or YouTube TV if you have a VPN subscription. Through the trial period on these services, free streaming is also available. Your streaming experience will be much smoother thanks to the VPN’s compatibility with almost every device. Enjoy!